Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 3, 2010

For those of you who are wondering what the negative aspects of Torino are, here is a slice of reality. I'm having a ton of trouble with this Marketing professor here at the school. I view myself as being extremely structured when it comes to academics and the Italians are fly by the wind, and they have no real Hierarchy of authority structure. Well this marketing professor tells us to read 50 pages of this giant textbook and that he is going to ask 4 people randomly at the beginning of class a general question from the material. Based on the size of the class you will probably only get one of these questions all semester. This question counts for 25% of your grade. Now of course i freak out and study really hard for the question and OF COURSE i get called on. Well i nail my question and the other three people bomb and so he decided not to give any of us credit. I laid into the professor for a half hour and he just kept telling me that im being selfish because i should think of my classmates and that the only reason i got my question right is because i took TOO extensive notes. So i told him he was an Ideologue who didn't understand how grading worked. If i put the work in i should get credit especially because if i miss a question that means i dont get credit for the class, because i need a B or higher to get credit. I'm going to try to complain to the administration, but i imagine it will be the usual italian garbage where they tell me to lighten up and smile more. I told them i was forced to pay 70 extra dollars a month for internet that i didn't have and that i wasn't going to pay it unless i got that internet, and they told me to smile more.

Reality

2 comments:

  1. We feel your frustration,Meist, but it won't help to lock horns with your professor,since he has the ultimate power-even if you are dead right. It is better to rage at us but smile at the I-talians. Love you. Hope thinks get better. We are praying for you.Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, lighten up a bit. jk. Sounds like a crazy time over there. What the crap is with the internet though...

    ReplyDelete