Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I am the highway

So its been such a long time since my last blog post so i'll make this one extra long to make up for that. As you know, Jamie came to see me and we went to cinque terre, which is spectacular. We stayed in the last town (Riomaggiore) and brilliant me went the wrong direction until we ran into a couple of Russians who said we were nowhere near any town. The views were spectacular, and the walk from Corniglia to Vernazza was my favorite. We ate in this little restauraunt on the water and then we got some gelato. It was really everything you could ask for from Italy. We stayed there about three days and then we headed back to Torino. We took a quick the train the next day and saw the Duomo in Milan and then we grabbed some McDonalds and headed back to the human roach motel. The next week was littered with great times, Jamy had an opportunity to spend time with my friends and I, and they all really liked her. I took Jamy to my favorite restauraunts and we had a lot of fun. One of the kids who worked in the Kebob shop had an obvious crush on her, and so i had Jamy say a couple things in Italian. (Really made his day).

Ok so in non-jamy related news. Today i had a gigantic presentation that counted for 30% of my grade in a class. I had to do a report on peddlers so i put together a very professional paper and then a slideshow. The slide show was ridiculous, but i think my teacher really liked it. (I attached the slideshow below)

I think that i will reel in a high A+ after the extra effort i put into that slideshow.

After my project, i went to the grocery store and bought head phones and a couple of other things. The woman at the register forgot to ring up the headphones and as i was walking out i said off the detector. The security guard pushed me into the back room patted me down and started accusing me of being a thief. He was really starting to annoy me because he kept pushing me and yelling, so i kinda just walked away and got the woman who rung me up and had her explain to him her mistake. She did and my name was cleared, but it still was a huge time drain and pretty irritating. No one has ever accused an Italian of being overly intelligent.

Life goes on and i will try to post more, more frequently now that the barrage of visitors has ended.




2 comments:

  1. Darn the trail looks beautiful it's too bad we didn't get a chance to go on it. Awesome presentation bro, I think it captured the essence of peddaling in it's purest form.

    ReplyDelete