Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010

This weekend we were supposed to go to Barcelona, but after a two hour train ride, a 40 minute bus ride, and 3 hours waiting in the airport they canceled our flight without any warning. I argued with the Ryan Air people just to have them tell me to sleep in the air port for 10 hours. So John and I returned to Torino at 2:30 and went to bed disappointed. I believe i got my money back for the ticket, but i still had to pay a penalty for not showing up at my hostel and i had to pay for the transportation to and from the airport. We were disappointed, but we made the best of the weekend. We went to an Italian party this weekend because we heard a lot of noise in the apartment above us and we went to check it out and ended up stumbling on an Italian party. I ended up talking in broken Italian for a while and in English to this random Chinese guy and his girlfriend. After that, we went down to a restaurant in this sweet part of town, but as we were walking down the main strip i saw my roommate (Not John) standing in the middle of the road with blood all around him. He was missing his two front teeth and he had been hit by some other kid in the program. After helping him find his teeth, he left for the hospital and i continued on my merry way. Yesterday, we went and watched the Canadian/American hockey game and cried a little afterward. We went to this Bar that had an American and a Canadian room and i was so loud that i embarrassed myself. I hurt my hand from banging it on the stove so that was a bit of a downer as well. Peace be with you all

No comments:

Post a Comment