Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 14, 2010

So i attended my first class today, Elementary Italian. It is very intensive because the class is 5 days a week for three hours a day. For lunch i went down to a small restaurant and had like a grilled ham and cheese quesidilla. Depending on where you go food can be extremely cheap or extremely expensive. For example, a pizza of the same size could be priced anywhere from 1$ to 10$ depending on the area. After lunch, we finished some orientation things, and we went back to my friend kyle's apartment where we made pasta with a really "diverse" group of people. Diversity has never been my "big thing," but i think there may have been like 7 countries represented in the room.
I have elected not to drink while i'm over here, which limits my possibilities as far as venues, but i still go and spend time with my friends in pubs, bars, and cafes without drinking. After finishing dinner at Kyle's apartment, we went out to an Irish pub and watched a Soccer game. We have gone to an Irish pub every night that we have been here. I have no idea why i would fly to Italy to go to Irish pubs, but it has kinda worked out that way.
This weekend i'm taking the train to Milan to visit John's Dad and see the city.




1 comment:

  1. Thats pretty sweet bro. I'm glad they didn't notice you taking pictures in class. Are these classes all in English?

    ReplyDelete