Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18, 2010

We went to Milan this weekend, and we saw a number of really awesome places. First we saw the Duomo, a giant cathedral. When we showed up at the Duomo, i was assaulted by about 15 Nigerians who were trying to give me their "lucky bracelets." My question to them was "How lucky can the bracelets be if they each have about 5,000 of them and they are still living off the street." I guess they didn't think that through, and my superior intellect was probably dazzling to them. Nevertheless, I still bought one. After i obliged the black guy, we continued on to see the statue of Leonardo, and a really incredible castle. Behind the castle was a Milka festival where there were people widdling and sampling food. Milka (The company sponsoring the event) also built these gigantic artificial ski slopes that you could pay to ski down. I however wen the cheap route and decided to take the free picture with the Giant Milka Cow . We tried to see the last supper, but we weren't able too because their was a month long waiting list. Instead we decided to go to this science museum where a lot of Leonardo Da Vinci's ideas are on display. The museum also had a collection of giant globes that represented how Europeans have historically viewed the geography of the earth. The earliest one didn't include Australia or much of Canada and it had giant sea monsters plotted onto the pacific. It was really interesting.
Today i went to my first real day of classes, it was 8 hours long. I know your probably thinking, "John, in every one of your blog posts you say you are attending your first day of class'" well to be more clear, today was my first day in which i attended all three classes on the same day. Italian starts early so i began those classes last week. I'm looking forward to traveling more and learning Italian.




1 comment: